Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not going to see my brother for 2 weeks...

Last lunch until he books out...

My brother is enlisted into a full-time NS man today. My family and I see him off at Pulau Tekong and I did not feel quite good not having him at home for 2 weeks as I often play cards and games with him whenever we are both free. In the morning, we reached pulau Tekong at about 8.00am++ and the enlistees and the visitors went separate ways. We, the visitors went with the guide and went round the training camp. As for the enlistees, they went to have some basic training. We also attended a seminar about what they have for the enlistees in the NS free package. When the session has ended, the visitors are allowed to go infront and take a look at the things. One of the items is the rifle. I held the rifle for the 1st time in my life!! It weighs about 4kg-6kg which is quite light for me. I was so fascinated by the scope the moment I look into it. Its vision is so cool! After that, the enlistees met with us at the auditorium. They took their oath and we sang the national anthem. Finally, its lunch time and thats the last time that I sat down with my brother eating lunch until he books out.

What a tiring day!! I went home and I fell asleep...

1 comment: